Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Write That Essay

 The Adverb Sentence: Adverbs describe verbs. e.g Surprisingly, Confusingly, Firstly, Remarkably, Often,

Adverb sentence starters add interest or intrigue to our work.

Remember the rule: When you start a sentence with an adverb, place a comma after the adverb then write the rest of the sentence.

Examples - Accidentally, Shockingly, Concerningly, Excitedly, Significantly, Similarly, Simply, Intrestingly, Unfortunately, Fortunately, Suddenly,

Simply, I added the milk to the batter.

Shockingly, The lunch today was served hot.

Excitedly, I fell over today. Simply, I am bad at maths. Quickly, I walked to School. Shockingly I drove into a wall.

Examples - In, Against, Between, Over, Behind, Within, Under, Below, At, For, Throughout, Near, About

Remember the rule: ,When, you start the sentence with a prepostion, you need to put a comma when the movement or postion ends.

In the beginning, we talked alot. Throughout the lesson, I tried no to fall asleep

Near the basketball court, is the rubbish bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.